In accordance with the Law for Higher Education and the Statute of UKIM, for each subject program an evaluation of the acquired knowledge and skills is carried out through the forms of continuous checking and final assessment.
Continuous evaluation of knowledge and obtained skills implies:
- Active participation in lectures (interdisciplinary approach in teaching),
- Active participation in practical classes,
- Successful completion of the practical exams for the subjects where practical classes are predicted,
- Successful solving of independent tasks (project assignments, seminar papers, homework, project activities, field experience activities, preparation herbarium specimens, etc.) and
- Successfully passed partial exams and/or final exams (in subjects where partial exams are predicted).
Final evaluation of knowledge and obtained skills implies:
- The final assessment is performed with completion of the written and oral part of the exams, for subjects that do not include practical classes or partial exams.
- For subjects where partial exams are predicted, the final examination involves only oral exams. If the student does not pass one or both partial exams, he/she must take written part as well as oral part of the exam.
- For subjects where practical classes are predicted, the student is obligated to pass the practical exams during the semester. If the student does not pass the practical exams, in the exam session that follows he/she is obligated to take the practical exams together with the written part and oral part of the exam.
- For subject programs where practical classes and partial exams are predicted, the student who did not pass the partial exams during the semester and did not pass the practical exams, he/she is obligated to take the practical exams, together with the written part and oral part of the exam to obtain final grade.
- Those parts of the exam that the student will pass are considered as valid until he does not override the subject.
- The student has the right to take the final exam three times, which may consist of a practical exam, written part and oral part of the exam; or written part and oral part of the exam and only of an oral exam.