Aleksandar Dimovski, PhD, Full Professor
Tel: (++ 389) 2 3120 024
Majka Tereza 47,
PO Box 36,
1000 Skopje, R. Macedonia
Aleksandar Dimovski, PhD, Full Professor
Ljubica Shuturkova, PhD, Full Professor
Zoran Sterjev, PhD, Associate Professor
Aleksandra Grozdanova, PhD, Associate Professor
Nadica Matevska-Geshkovska, PhD, Assistant Professor
Aleksandra Kapedanovska Nestorovska, PhD, Assistant Professor
Zorica Serafimovska, PhD, Assistant Professor
Marija Staninova, Master of Pharmacy
Ivana Georgievska, Bachelor in Biology
Emilija Gjorgievska, Graduated Laboratory Bioengineer
Daniela Filipovska, Graduated Laboratory Bioengineer
ABOUTH THE CENTER
The main goal of the Center for Biomolecular Pharmaceutical Analyzes (CBPA) is to perform basic, applied and developmental research of biomolecules which can be applied in modern therapy of the most common diseases. This Center has emerged from the existing laboratories in Molecular biology and Genetics, Pharmacogenetics and Immunology at the Faculty of Pharmacy – Skopje, where scientific and research activities as well as projects that cover these scientific disciplines have been carried out for more than 20 years.
As a result of the intensive development of molecular diagnostics and individualization of drug therapy, and the real need for performing routine analyzes of this type on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia, in 2008, CBPA was established as an autonomous organizational unit within UKIM, Faculty of Pharmacy – Skopje, and started with applicative work as a laboratory for molecular diagnostics. Since 2011, CBPA was authorized by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Macedonia for performing diagnostic-laboratory activity. In 2016, was signed a contract for cooperation between the Health Insurance Fund of Macedonia and the Center, where are set the provision fees of provided health services for insured peoples in the field of molecular diagnostics.
The Center for Biomolecular Pharmaceutical Analyzes has a space of ~ 250 m2, which includes five rooms: one admission unit and four laboratories. The laboratories are designed according to the standards for molecular-diagnostic activity which comprise: a sample preparation laboratory (pre-PCR room), a laboratory for preparation of analyzes (master mix room), a laboratory for analysis of PCR products (post-PCR room) and a laboratory for analysis of cell cultures.
The laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment necessary for molecular diagnostics:
- Two massive parallel sequencing devices (NGS sequencing): Miniseq (Ilumina) and Ion torrent PGM (Life Technologies);
- MagCore HF16 Automated Nucleic Acid Extractor (RBC Bioscience);
- Two genetic analyzers: 3500 Series Genetic Analyzer (Life Technologies) and ABI 310 Genetic Analyzer (Applied Biosystems)
- Three real-time polymerase chain reaction devices: AriaMx Real-time PCR Systems (Agilent) and two Stratagene Mx3005P qPCR Systems (Agilent);
- Three polymerase chain reaction devices: Veriti Thermal Cycler (Life Technologies), GeneMax (Bioer) and ABI 2700 Thermal Cycler (Applied Biosystems);
- Qualitative and quantitative UV-VIS, Luminescent and Fluorescence Intensity reader of plates: VICTOR X4 Multilabel Plate Reader (Perkin Elmer);
- VersaDoc Imaging system (BioRad);
- Complete equipment for cell culture: Laminar chamber (ESCO), CO2 Incubator (MRC), Inverted Fluorescence Microscope (Nicon) and etc.;
- Various small laboratory equipment: Laminar chambers, Incubators, Freeze dryer (Lyophilizer), ELISA system (BioRad), 2D PAGE and Agarose gel systems (BioRad), Centrifuges and Microcentrifuges, Water bath, pH-Meter, Magnetic stirrers and Vortex agitators, Refrigerators (4 °, – 20°C and – 80°C), NanoDrop Spectrophotometer (Thermo Fisher Scientific), Qubit Fluorometer (Thermo Fisher Scientific) and etc.
The Center for Biomolecular Pharmaceutical Analysis has three activities:
- Scientific and research activity – promotion and improvement of the scientific-research activity in the field of Molecular oncology, Pharmacogenetics and Immunology through increased competitiveness in order to be realized projects financed by international sources;
- Educational activity – postgraduate educational training for professionals for the needs of the pharmaceutical industry and molecular diagnostics laboratories, as well as laboratory for production / quality control of preparations obtained with biotechnological techniques;
- Applicative activity – analyses used in the concepts of “personalization” in personalized medicine: molecular characterization of malignant diseases, inherited predisposition to malignant diseases, rationalization of the therapy with pharmacogenetic analyses with expensive biological preparations, monitoring of minimal residual disease and etc.
FEES / PRIZE LIST
For the analyzes covered with the contract by the Health Insurance Fund of Macedonia, the insured persons participate with fees which are regulated with reference price list for the offered service listed in the Decision for determining the amount of the participation of the insured persons in the total costs of the health services and medicines (“Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia” No. 48/2001 and 52/2001).